Monday, April 1, 2013

Nice to meet you

I have decided to start a blog. Why would I think my life is interesting enough so that others would want to read it? Well, first we will have to start with a little introduction of who I am.

I am Doni Planken. My age is 26 at the moment of writing, and I live in the Netherlands, The Hague.

I met my boyfriend through an internet game called Utopia. We fell in love over the internet and skype. Deciding that we both knew enough about relationships and our own feelings to know where we stood, we agreed that we were in love and wanted to be together. 2 months later we met in real life and ever since we have been happy together (bet you won't get that song out of your head now huh?). Michael has tried to move to the Netherlands, but due to very strict rules here we have been unable to attain him a Dutch visa. Since the United States of America is a little easier in accepting people we decided I will move to the States instead.

A little easier doesn't mean easy though. A long road of forms and waiting periods are ahead of us. It requires us getting married too. Not that that is a problem, it's just unfortunate that we can't have an actual wedding because all our funds will be spent on paying for Michael's and my move to the States.

The reason I start this blog now, and not sooner is because Michael will be flying back home the 30th of April. I will stay for a short 2 weeks and I regret to inform that Michael will stay in the U.S.A. until I have my visa. I expect our separation time to be about 4-6 months. It will be HARD. We had hoped our long distance relationship times were over, but here we are again. But we are going to suffer through it, because in the end it will be worth it. It's our dream to live together in a nice place. To have horses and dogs, a laid-back job and no financial worries. But dreams have a tendency to run away from you. So we are just going to have to chase them.

And that's what this blog will be about. 

2 comments:

  1. Well congratulations on your pending move. Have you talked to Mad Scottish? He might be able to give you some insights on immigrating to the US.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laina! And I haven't talked to him no, but I'll give him a nudge and see what I can squeeze out of him.

      Delete