Friday, April 19, 2013

Short term time period type

Every day is a second last day now. Yesterday we had our second last meet up with our rpg friends. Today will be the second last family dinner. Both Michael and I are easily annoyed and angry with each other the closer the day comes that we fly to the States. Who knows how long it will be before he sees the Netherlands again. Who knows how long it will be before I see Michael again.

I'm glad that I got two more weeks in Florida with him. But even that comes too soon. Being apart for such a long time is going to suck. We both know it's what has to happen before I can move to the States. It's like the usual sayings in Dutch: "After the rain sunshine will come." We have to man up now to get our reward later.

Unfortunately looking at the future and knowing it's the best thing for the long run, isn't one of my strong suits. I'm more of a, living in the moment type. Well, maybe not living in the moment but more living in the short term time period type. If I were truly living in the moment I'd be busy enjoying every moment I still have with Michael while he's here! But all that's going through my mind is that he won't be here in eleven days!

Enough of that. I need to focus more on the positive. Because sitting here and having a stagnant life isn't going to make us any happier. So even though we will probably be depressed for a short while (relatively), Michael will pave the way for our future together. Something I should celebrate instead of complain about!






No comments:

Post a Comment