Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A little perspective does wonders

It's a little difficult for me to write a blog post after my post about my cat Fuzzle. People who are not cat people, or animal lovers, won't understand how the death of an animal can impact your life so much. But pets are part of your family, and Fuzzle was a part of my family for 8 years.The sudden absence of my little friend is profound. But blogging shouldn't only be done in times of happiness, or else it defeats the purpose. So I will give it a try today, a week after we found out he died.


Michael has gotten a great job as court analyst in Gainesville. He starts his job August 12th. This is a really major happening and I'm super excited for him. This sets our dreams and goals a few big steps ahead and not to mention Michael's career opportunities! And even if he doesn't end up liking this kind of job, then we'll know it's not meant for us. So no matter what, good things happening.



In the meanwhile I'm busy working my jobs. I made a neat excel schedule that makes me happy to just look at. I'm a sucker for excel. I summarized my hours neatly under each job and the sum of all, and I am proud to say that this past month I worked an average of over 50 hours a week! Strangely enough this makes me feel good and energised instead of miserable and exhausted. Working 16 days in a row without a day off, has me ready for one yes, but I'm still fine. I constantly forget what humans are capable off, and I have to remind myself often that there are people out in the world who cope with so much more.

Single mothers without family to help them.
A simple man trying to earn enough money to give his children a better life than his.
Soldiers and civilians fighting day in and day out for their country and their survival.
Children in 3rd world countries who have to work 18 hours a day.


It shames me that I have to compare my measly 50 hours of work a week with people like that, to make sure I remember my life is an easy one. But in the end it helps me stay grounded and happy and realise what I have. I go to work because I can and want to. It doesn't ever feel like I HAVE to. If you have a choice, everything brightens already.

Moments like these make you
appreciate your free time all the more

2 comments: